Thursday, January 28, 2010

V's Eyes & Ears

We have again been really busy taking V on many doctors appointments. We have been working on her eyes and ears. As you can see from the picture, Victoria is wearing glasses now. She seems much happier in them so we think that she can see better. She laughs a lot more watching veggie tales. We took her 3 weeks ago to get fitted for her hearing aides. They audiologist had to make molds of her ear and of course Victoria was not happy with us holding her down for that. We had to pick colors so we picked pink sparkles for the part in her ear and we picked a color that matched her hair color for the outer part that goes around her ear. We are heading back this Friday to pick the hearing aides up and have more tests with them in her ear to see if she is responding to them. On another topic, mommy ended up with tonsillitis and Victoria has a nasty cold. No fevers thank the Lord!. But she is not sleeping at night, so mommy has been up with her for 4 nights. With the lack of sleep and running around on doc appointments I'm not surprised that I got sick. I also am receiving allergy shots now. It's been really stressful lately and is taking a tole on my health. Dad is in Texas this week for work. Thanks for Grandma Diane's help this week we really appreciate her help especially this week. Yesterday I went to the doctor for myself (that seemed weird) and was in bed the whole day. When I went to the pharmacy to get my prescription filled the pharmacist's looked at me and said YOU TOO. I am always in there for V's meds and I mean ALWAYS. Take care for now and thanks for following our lives. Blessings to all our friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. That is so ADORABLE! Hope you are on the mend Lisa.
    I can't believe how far Victoria has come. Hope to talk to you soon. I can't write any more because my fingers are frozen it was- 27 degrees last night. and our house is cold too!! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of colored hearing aids before, that is so clever! I hope all is well with you and your family.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Bloggers
    wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete